Charity Quilt Week 1 - Day 7
Today I got up and got busy right away.
This is what I worked on - and as I get closer to getting the 20 or 24 different florals for my floral shadow quilt tops, I’m getting more excited about their possibilities. I must decide on a final layout. I may go with the 20 and do something more interesting with the outer border to keep it from being too long (and narrow).
I’m still thinking.
I figure I have until tomorrow to make that decision. At that point I will need to go ahead and make the last ones and get going on them! I suspect I’m going to really enjoy doing them!
So what is the most boring for me?
Actually it’s adding the borders to the bigger tops from my friend Fran. I don’t mind - it’s just really not interesting. So I’ll try to listen to something that keeps my mind busy while I sew these things.
Toggl told me that I spent
sewing - 6 hours, 54 min
ironing - 1 hour, 31 min
cutting - 3 hours, 24 min - included in this is straightening up for at least 30 minutes. I just had to at least fold up some of my solids I was working with. Everything was just thrown around me!
this much time today. 11 hours, 50 min. I felt like some of it was wasted waiting around for the delivery guy, but that couldn’t be helped. - esp. since I didn’t just “wait” - but it was a matter of focus.
What did I get done?
I did have to spend some time cleaning up around my cutting area. It was just too big of a mess. I couldn’t function there any longer. It counted in with my cutting borders and pieces time.
I cut and cut and cut and cut
I put together 5 tops- but really only put borders on them - this is a bit why I’m somewhat frustrated. I should have been able to get a lot a more finished today than I did.
But I didn’t.
I waited at my dining room table for a fabric delivery today - it’s for backings for these quilts. I had ordered from two different companies - the first was due to be delivered today.
Because I was afraid of not hearing the guy at the door, I waited for the whole time at the table.
Did I say “Waited?” I did, but that isn’t really what I did. I was working at my dining room table facing the window so I could see if a courier came in between about 11:45 and 2:30. He finally came at 2:30. They had told me between 12 and 2 pm. We’ve had some couriers try harder than others to deliver, so I wanted to be able to see them. Worse than taking one day of distractedness due to waiting for a delivery would be two days for the same order!
As a result, I got a lot of cutting done. That’s also when I cleaned up a bit. Not entirely but just so it doesn’t feel quite so chaotic in that area. I’m going through a lot of fabric right now. I mean, a LOT.
I’ve run out of the bolt of red that I bought several years ago (about 70 meters) and am almost out of royal blue (also 70 meters). Because these are two colors I use a lot with the children’s quilts, but not only, I may end up buying 2 more bolts of those.
Otherwise, it’s the same things. I’m adding borders to Fran’s tops, put some borders on some Spiderman panels, and made some more round and round rounds on some pillow panels.
I didn’t actually finish up much today, though. One of these days I’ll have a bumper day, though. Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on what else happens!
Here’s my pile of today’s quilt tops.
Here’s the gallery of finished tops for today
This brings my total tops finished to 34 small/European twin and 13 larger ones. Here’s the picture of them. I’ve moved them to the couch as you saw yesterday.
And that’s where I am with this project.
Check back tomorrow for what’s happening!
Be sure to check out what my sis has for you in the store!