Charity Quilt Week 1 - Day 3
Today I had some other demands on my time. I didn’t feel like I was very productive - and so it will probably show in tomorrow’s results.
Let’s see. I spent just over 8.5 hours total, but I didn’t feel like it was “focused” work.
I combined the sewing/cutting - had a lot of interruptions today and didn’t clock out for each of them - 7 hours, 37 minutes total
ironing - 1 hour, 2 minutes
I have now started to create a nice little pile of tops - the small ones total 13 and the larger ones - 9. This means I have 22 tops ready to sandwich
Let’s get specific.
Here are a few pictures of my activities for the day.
I did pressing - an hour’s worth in fact.
I sewed more borders on tops
I finished some strippy quilts - adding borders to them. This finishes up my “less than pretty” Riley Blake brown flowers for which I am grateful. Grateful to have used them up successfully, that is.
I dug around and picked out 5 Spiderman panels - which I want to put borders on them and make them big enough for a twin size bed. I began to think about the pattern.
I cut some more borders and put them on my two “Kaffe-like” tops on a less wild scale, of course!
I prepared to make two more similar ones using the same idea but a softer colored panel for the center.
I started on the 9.5” floral squares so I can make some charity quilts with a shadow block design.
And that was about all. My elves kind of failed me.
Maybe it was because I was a little tired. I had my elves fill some bobbins today while I was feeling a bit less than productive, I at least wanted to have another 25 full bobbins.
When I do these charity quilts, I don’t necessarily do anything “different”, so it is hard to come up with some amazing pictures to show you. But since every day isn’t necessarily one where huge strides are made or amazing quilts are finished, what will be, will be. If it is too boring, well, that’s the way quilting sometimes is! I’m excited to see my pile of charity quilt tops grow again! Very excited!
But hopefully that pile of “ready to sandwich” tops will grow daily until my backing gets here anyway. It’s not as if I don’t have ANY backing, but if I am going to go into big time production, I need some good, all around backing that will work with many designs on the front. We’ll see. Sometimes when I get the fabrics, I’m not as pleased in person as I was when seeing it on the website. I’ll be sure to show you!
The gallery of tops:
And that’s all for now! Check back in tomorrow for more progress!
Be sure to check out what my sis has for you in the store!