Strings update - "Please Be Seated" top finished
I missed working on the strings project last weekend due to the frantic nature of the work on "The Wedding Quilt".
So here is what I got done this weekend:
I made all the rest of the blocks that I needed for that strings top I'm calling "Please be Seated"!
30 of the alternative block like these -
and 15 strings blocks like this
from which I made 30 half square triangle blocks so that I could finish the top in a 12x13 layout.
The blocks finished at 8.5" - before being sewn into the quilt top.
Once I had those pieces done, I was able to relatively quickly put the top together . With no border it felt so simple!
Just a reminder - I started this project because I wasn't making any progress on using up my strings and crumbs --weird shaped scraps that I didn't want to or couldn't seem to cut up into strips--so, I decided to devote at least one good sewing session each weekend, if possible, to this project which I'm calling my strings/crumbs project. You can go over to the page here to check the current status or pictures of what I'm doing at any time.
I do try to keep things updated, but naturally I may update several things at once if I all of a sudden remember that I'm behind on pictures!
it's kind of nice to see progress. I wouldn't have made any of these except the first crumbs one if I hadn't started this weekend project, since I was choosing to work on other things instead.
I can't say that I'm setting any records with these, but I've made several things in the last 16 months or so since I started this. - 7 finished strings/crumbs quilts (besides the first one made in 2016 - this does include 4 (!) from the upcycled blues series) and 5 more tops waiting to be quilted made out of strings.or crumbs.
I hope you enjoy this one! I find I really like it
And that's one of the things I've been doing in my sewing room lately!
Be sure to check out what my sis has for you over in the store!