My kids left today!
My two youngest kids left to go back to college (university) today. So, it's going to be a tough day for me.
So what did they do?
- Daniel took some pictures for me - quilting, that is.
- Together they got over 7 lbs. of sand out of the rug I use constantly for a "design wall".
- Lydia helped me sandwich 57 quilts! Yes...then we ran out of safety pins or we could have done more. The other limitation there is finding places to put 57 sandwiched quilts!
- Lyda prepared a lot of backings for more charity quilts.
- Lydia also quilted one - but I kind of decided her time would be better used in helping me get them ready to quilt as it really goes faster with two people than by myself.
- Lydia laid out two quilt tops for me - both Starry Night and number 14 of my upcycled blues
- They also helped me a lot in the basement of our house. They took apart a bed, removed another set of bunk beds, moved other things and helped me clean up. I'm not done down there, but I assured them if they got the beds out, I could handle the rest by myself. I have to "deal" with everything, so it's not just simply a matter of moving things. I actually have to make decisions about every item I see.
In general, they were just an encouragement. Daniel did quite a bit of driving - Lydia is more timid with the standard transmission, so she didn't, but she went with me if I needed her to.
Over all, I hope they had a nice rest from school - a total break - college kids need that occasionally. Lydia has only 2 more semesters until she is finished and Daniel is a sophomore - so he's not quite half way done.
Lydia gave me a beautiful cross stitched project as a Christmas present. I love it!
Daniel also preached for my husband today and each week up til today they sang at church. So while they relaxed a lot- they also helped a lot and I do so appreciate it!
And so...today is going to be a little bit tough on me. First of all, their plane leaves at 6 am which means we go to the airport in the middle of the night. Secondly, I'm going to be "no good" - both tired and a little sad.
But I'm so glad they could be here! But enough of my kids for now!
If you happen to need anything from the Quilted Twins store, be sure to check it out here!