"The Kichen Sink" - upcycled blues #17 top finished
Yes, I finished that one that is a conglomeration of things leftover from the other tops!
It was fun. Really fun.
The problem is, I can't really write a pattern for it since mine is unique to my scraps. I can give you the dimensions of the various blocks I made, and show you how I did them, but if you want to make such a top, yours would end up looking quite different from mine.
In this quilt top I used a variety of leftover pieces.
1. shirt pockets
2. labels from the back yokes
3. leftover half square triangles (HST)
4. leftover 1.5" strips
5. embroidery cut from shirts
6. leftover blocks
7. an interesting print from a shirt
8. more scraps - cut into 2.5" squares
At first I thought I was going to be put the 12" outer blocks as wonky blocks. I realized, however, that all the blocks couldn't be wonky, and thought it might just look wrong to make some wonky and some not.
This are the progress pictures!
Just in case you've been away from here, or haven't seen this project to date. These are the tops I've made in my upcycled blues project. I started with number 1 on the left. The two circled ones are still in progress. I also believe I will have a number 18 and possibly a number 19 after all.
As soon as the quilting is done on my charity quilts i can turn my focus back to this so I can get this done!
And there you go! I'm getting very close to the end!