Strings update: ALMOST....

Well, I worked on trimming all my previously made strings blocks.

I worked hard!

I then cut enough white squares to make the blocks into the half square triangles that I wanted.

I sewed those on, after drawing pencil lines on them to make sure they were straight.

Then I cut them all apart and trimmed them down.

Then came the fun part of putting them all together in the finished top!

Ahem.

IMG_9744 sm name.jpg

I admit to some disappointment. Seriously.

As I was putting the top together, I realized that I lacked a few blocks.  I had tried to sit down and count exactly how many more I needed while still making the blocks. Obviously, I miscounted. I need about 12 or 13 more blocks. I have 6, I believe. So I'll have to go back to the basics and make a few more string blocks, trim them down, turn them into HST, press, trim them down, etc.

So, here goes to next weekend!  I'm packing it back away for yet another week!  I'm ready to see it finished.

But I like it. A lot.  I'm quite pleased with how it is turning out - in spite of the fact that I'm still not done. Actually I've not spent that many weekends on it, yet, so I should be too discouraged.  I think it's just that I thought I had enough to finish it up, but didn't.

And I have no more time "this weekend" to get it done.

That's what I get for procrastinating, I guess. But no, I have to fight that mentality - as that kind of thinking will discourage me. I am trying to just be like the tortoise in the tortoise and the hare - and just keep plugging along using up these strings - where hopefully I'll be able to end up with some pretty strings and crumbs tops whereas without this concentrated effort, I would always just push these pieces aside and not use them.

But that's all I did this weekend with regards to quilting my strings/crumbs.   

I trust you have a wonderful day wherever you are reading this!


And don't forget to check out what my sis has for sale over in the store!