Status of my upcycled blues
It's time for an overview of the "upcycled blues" project.
I'm really hoping that this time I'm winding down. Actually I have to be. I'm pretty much out of blues - not completely, but compared to what I had....
(So you'll laugh when you see the picture below!)
At the same time, I've said it so often, that I'm not even going to say it again. Instead, I took some pictures.
I'm actually working today on top number 31. I had no idea when I started this project, I would end up with thirty one quilts! And all from upcycleds. I have frequently used another color with the blues to add interest, create negative space and to keep me from going crazy! But 31?
I really had no idea.
And that's not counting the Hawaiian shirt and the pockets one I have planned.
I know that I can make at least 2, if not 3 or 4 more with crumbs - but they take a long time to make. But as of this morning, I could fit most of these pieces into my two boxes! So I'm feeling accomplished. I wouldn't mind having a bit more space in the boxes. And I might go back through my rather large bag/s of pieces to be used in crumbs or a strings top, and see what I can cut up smaller to be used first as strips and lastly as a crumb or string..
Ok, here are the pictures. I'll show you an overall picture and then close ups and explain what everything is.
I spent some time today deconstructing a few more shirts that I found, and organizing what I had - folding and seeing if they'd fit into the 2 boxes that I'm hoping they will fit into.
So far, so good.
Obviously I am not down to "only" two boxes - but pretty soon I'll be close enough to feel good. Aha. There I go again - saying it will be "soon". Maybe I'm delusional.
Here are the close ups:
The tops on the right you'e seen, but the ones on the left should still be a secret to you as I've not shown them to you.
Boxes of uncut pieces
My end goal is to have all of these pieces fit comfortably into these two boxes and have the lids snap shut. Preferably with room to spare. Wouldn't hurt to use some more out of them.
Cut up pieces by size - 1.5", 2", and 2.5" strips and squares
Hawaiian shirt pieces
I've got a plan for these. Just haven't done it yet!
Pieces of "yardage"
that can be nicely folded and put back on the shelf which I have for larger pieces of upcycleds. I may use more of these to help "tone down" the wildness of the rest of the tops I make.
I may give in and make another piano key border and just use up these labels that way. Still thinking.
Misc. pieces that I don't want to cut up.
I like the big star on the back of this piece - still thinking also...These pieces are harder to use than the labels.
I'm beginning to suspect that this pile of pockets will be more than enough to make a quilt top. It stands about 10" tall. Gulp.
Never ending SCRAPS!
I need to go through these pieces and trim down more to 2" squares and strips (I have a plan) and/or make crumbs and strings blocks with these pieces. This feels truly like it's never going to end!
And that's it. That's the overview of all of the "upcycled blues" project! You can actually see, if I am going to be honest with myself, that I still have quite a bit.
Of course you can go to the "upcycled blues" page and see any of the finished quilts there. It only shows the finished quilts and tops I've shown so far! (You actually get a glimpse of all the tops on this page. Hopefully I'm not spoiling the surprise by letting you see the edges of the tops!)
And that's it from my part of the world - at least with regards to quilting!
Have a great day wherever you area reading this!
Don't forget to check out what my sis has for you over in the store!