"Scrap Collage" top finished
This is top #29 in my "upcycled blues" series.
"Wait!" You say. "Number 29? What happened to 24, 26, 27 and 28?"
Well...the pattern. Yes. I'll blame it on the pattern. They aren't written yet. I'll get back to those ASAP. I'm trying not to show a top til I have the pattern ready as I'm finding it forces me to get the pattern written - something I don't particularly enjoy! I love the sewing part!
In the meantime, here's number 29 - I think the name is self-explanatory.
If you've ever gone to a website and made a collage - or done it the old fashioned way with paper and glue sticks or rubber cement, you know that often you cover up parts of pictures to get the part you want to show. Or you may cut them down. Whatever.
I made this top to look as if there were hidden parts of the blocks being covered up by other blocks.
In order to make this one, I set aside all of my blues pieces that had a lot of red in them. I used them almost exclusively in this quilt - I did not use all of the pieces I set aside to make this with, however. I still have more blues with reds in them. I added ONE red piece that had a little blue in it - from my reds box.
It's really quite simple. Deceptively. Just one block, turned different directions.
Yep. That's all.
Here's the pattern. Enjoy.
A reminder - the whole "upcycled blues" project is here - all in one convenient location!
And yes, I was super pleased with how this one turned out! I hope someone can either use the pattern, or the idea!
Oh...and if you are waiting for part 2 of Making a QR Code quilt ...it's coming! Check back tomorrow (Saturday) I'm still working on it.
Be sure to look around the site and check out what my sis has to offer you!