Strings update - new top finished!
We had guests over the weekend - just overnight on Saturday, but it meant I had to clean up the room where they were going to stay.
In doing so, I found some crumb strips that I had worked on last summer. I had sewn the adding machine tape strips which had misc. pieces sewn to it to 1.5" strips of black on each side of the paper strip. I then sewed that strip set to a busy print fabric, but I changed my mind as I hated the look. I took them all apart.
I had debated leaving it, but knew I could never like the lack of focus in the quilt. The crumbs pieces "fought" with the busy print for attention.
I remembered that I had them, but I had left them in the room - sort of buried under other fabric and other "mess" that needed to be cleaned up.
As I was uncovering the desk in layers, I came across them. I already decided to use solids with those crumb strips instead of another print. The problem is, I wanted a bit of variety. I decided on using various greens, blues, and purples. I think it's because I was making a decision about it on a hot day, so I thought about using cool colors!
I then decided to just go ahead and finish it - and so I did.
I didn't actually work on anything else. This weekend, I had very little time or energy to do anything with strings/crumbs. But my house looks pretty good - at least the main floor did. I mean, I do still have some piles of scraps - need to go through them all, but I made that room pretty neat. I had to put away a lot of fabric. I know, I should keep it that way. I'll try to be better about it for the next few months!
And that's my whole report with regards to crumbs/strings for this past weekend!
Be sure to check out what my sis has for you over in the store! I'm sure she has something you can use!