Strings/Crumbs update - "Shadowed Crumbs" top finished
This week I worked on the crumby blocks during the week so that I had the additional 44 more I needed by Friday.
On Friday I began putting them together in rows. I am using a layout of 11 across and wanted to make 11 rows. I had already finished 5 rows but needed 6 more--I had 22 blocks from last week and I made 44 this week.
That left me enough. I added the shadows to them and went ahead and put them together.
When I get this far on a quilt, I just want to finish and see how it looks. I can barely stand it in fact!
Here is the finished top!
This is also quilt top number 22 in my "upcycled blues" series!
Because I spent so much time working on it this week, I did not try to do other crumbs things. I was feeling pretty good about getting this much done in fact.
I do like it. I like the fact that I was able to use up 3025 square inches or 2.33 more square yards of made fabric from my scraps that are just thrown in a bag under the sewing machine table.
I've not written the pattern for this quilt as it is quite easy.
Someday I will go back and write up all the crumbs patterns - but not now. If you want to make this one, I've explained as I've gone along - simply go back and read the last few weekend reports of strings/crumbs update.
Here's a block summary.
The block is a crumb block measuring 5" square. A black shadow that is cut 2"x3.5" and a white 2"square and the black shadow on the other side 2"x5" and then a 2" white square. This will make a finished 6.5" square block - after putting into the quilt top it will be 6".
I used 3"x 6.5" cut sashing pieces and a 3" cut long sashing in between the rows (pieced to make it long enough to go across the full 96.5" width) and I put one on top making a top border. And that's it.
And that's all from me for my weekend crumbs/strings report!
I trust you have a wonderful day wherever you are reading!
Be sure to check out what my sis has for you over in the store!