Cultural: Visiting 'small things' once again
This is one of those short cultural posts - some interesting things that are a bit different from what you have in the USA or maybe other countries.
- First of all - our eggs. They come in packs of 10 - but over Easter, for some reason, Lidl decided to sell 12 packs. After looking at 10 packs for all these years (or buying them individually at the open market), these containers seem incredibly long!
- Milk - it's sold by the liter - and so is juice. Occasionally, and I mean, VERY occasionally, you can find a 2 liter box of juice. I've not seen any 2 liter bags or containers of milk.
- Other staples are usually sold by the kilo such as flour and sugar.
- Typically yogurts are sold in small containers that are equivalent to about 4-5 ounces.
- Spices are often sold in bags or small packages.
I guess you can tell that we went grocery shopping this morning!
And that's my interesting small things post for today! I trust you are having a great day wherever you are reading this!
Don't forget to check the store for your current fabric needs!