September strips report
I didn't give an August strips report because I had cut up so few, my sis was here and blah, blah, blah. Excuses, excuses.
But I bit the bullet and got busy and cut up the scraps that my sis and I created when she was here in August. I am finished for the month of September, already, so I thought I'd go ahead and share the results with you.
So my report is
2.5" - 1. 8 lbs.
2" - 3 lbs.
1.5" strips - 1.1 lbs
I've added these totals to my chart. Here it is.
You will notice that this is a marked slowdown in scraps cut into strips. I am happy to say that as of right now that is because I am caught up...sorta. At least until I dig out some more. I wasn't in the mood to go deep into any rooms to search for more scraps to cut up. I knew time was short right now. I may dig into a closet I have in my bedroom in Oct/Nov. to get control of that area. But for now I needed to just go with the new scraps we've been creating. I create a lot of scraps quickly when I finish quilts - so I'm expecting October/November to add a lot to this total - as I should have cut-offs from the backs of quilts.
So, you can rejoice with me - because I really did buckle down and cut up a lot these last couple of days! I mean it's not a lot compared to other months, but I sorted a lot and threw quite a bit into the strings and crumbs bags.