"Strings" project update
I'm trying to give at least one good sewing session to my strings this year. I didn't really start at the beginning of the year - but rather, in April. I have strings and wasn't using them - ever. So, I decided to make myself work on them each weekend. At the same time, if life gets in the way and I don't get to it on any given weekend, that's okay too.
I have Strings 1 top finished. It is here, if you want to read about it.
I am starting to work on Strings 2 AND Strings 3 tops.
What I did this past weekend (I know, I'm kind of slow in reporting this):
1. Cut up 20 10" squares of some very-lightweight--unsuitable-for-anything-else fabric to be used as a foundation for some blocks I need for Strings 3 top. (I'll need more - but this used up the first piece of not-very-nice-fabric.)
2. Made 3 pieces of 'made fabric' and then cut up 'made fabric' to get 28 3.5" blocks needed for Strings 2 top.
3. Made 28 more "half blocks" for Strings 2 top
4. Made up 4 large string blocks using 4 of the 20 very lightweight-not-good-for-much fabric I cut out in number 1. these are for Strings 3.
And that's all. I have some other things on my mind this weekend so I didn't devote all day Sat/Sun evening to it like a couple other weekends.
The plans are still the same.
Since I have one strings project already done, part of the need to finish one has been satisfied and I'm willing to plod along, knowing that if I keep working on things weekend by weekend, I will eventually finish another top or two or three.
I have more ideas than I have time.
The plan for Strings 2 is this:
The plan for Strings 3 is this:
Check back again next week for another update! I wish I had more progess to show you, but that's life sometimes!
If you are a lover of batiks, you really should check out what my sis has for you. These are gorgeous!!!