"Kachelofen" top finished!
Number 52 in my series of using up my 2" strips is finished!
Once again, due to my cutting frenzy back in February and March, I have 2 nice sized bags of 2" strips.
This is "Kachelofen" or "Ceramic Tile Stove". There are other words for it as well, but I found an interesting website that mentions them. According to this website, there are several names for them
The pattern is written up and here. I hope you can use it. One thing about this one - I did try to find as many reds as I could in among my strips to help spice it up - I knew I would be using red for the side setting triangles - plus I liked the look.
There are actually many different interesting designs that you can make with this block. They can look different by varying the placement of the light/dark as well as change the obvious layout - like you would with the log cabin blocks.
Back to the name....
To help you understand what I'm talking about - here are some pictures that I found on the internet. Apparently this kind of ceramic tile furnace was popular in this part of the world (I'd never seen them before we moved here, but then I hadn't traveled all that much and certainly didn't pay attention to furnaces if I did travel!)
I hope you learned a tiny little bit today! The pattern will explain more - it's in the free downloads section. Feel free to get yours today. As always, when I get it quilted, I'll post again and update the pattern pictures!
Have a wonderful day!