Trying out the binding attachment. Day 1

I bought a binding attachment before Christmas, but haven't really used it yet on a quilt. I wanted to learn to use it on charity quilts and I just recently finished up 10 of those.  Now I am to binding and labeling stage.

Here's how it went.  I decided to tackle two on the first day. Any more than that, and I would have been terribly frustrated.

Not perfect.  I had some adjusting to do.

Learning to do the corners is going to be a bit of a trick. It isn't terrible difficult - just a new skill.

Learning to do the corners is going to be a bit of a trick. It isn't terrible difficult - just a new skill.

Was I frustrated at times?  Sure.

 Did it get easier on my second one?  Yes.

Will I try again?  Most definitely!

 

OOPs.  I ran off the edge - didn't get it caught.  Needs some adjustment here.

OOPs.  I ran off the edge - didn't get it caught.  Needs some adjustment here.

I'll keep you posted. Hopefully it will get easier and easier. I have 10 to practice on at the moment.  I did have to move a couple of screws and I know that the fabric I chose for binding is a bit too thick for "ideal" binding - at least using this attachment, but I was determined to make it work as I like the diagonal stripes.

The fabric had been a set of curtains of which I had used most of it already. I decided I wanted it "out of my shelves and onto a few quilts."

Getting closer to my goal of equal distance from the edge on the top and bottom!

Getting closer to my goal of equal distance from the edge on the top and bottom!

While you are here, feel free to check out some goodies my sis has. She's having a terribly busy week this week with extra services every night at their church, but she's working on getting new things for you all the time.

Becky Petersen4 Comments