"Urban Development" finished

I was able to get it all done - quilted, bound and washed.

IMG_9210 name smaller.jpg

This is number 41 in my series of quilts primarily using up my bags of 2" strips.  You see...I had a bunch of these strips--so many that one day I decided I just HAD to use them up.  I began this journey then (summer of '15).

I decided to keep with the clean simple lines by straight line quilting along the edges of the blocks. Since it was so big, it was tough to fit everything under the throat of my machine, but I did get it done.

When making the top of this one, I did pull the colorful 1 1/2" strips from my bags of already cut up 1 1/2" strips.  The 16 colorful patches were made from 2" strips and strip pieced.  The white is the only part that really wasn't "scrappy".  I had that in my stash of fabrics.

Becky Petersen