"Roundabouts and Alleys"

I have been working on a series of quilts using up 2" strips.  This is nr. 42 in that series.

Most of the light blue is fabric I found at a local second-hand shop in Otwock.  That rather large piece cost me exactly 1 zl (about 25 cents). Why? Well, someone had done a rather awful job of trying to make a massive applique scene of princesses, castles, and other people.  I cut out all the scenes that were partially done, threw them in our burn pile and used the rest of the fabric in this project.

This particular top uses 16 patches, log cabin elements, 9 patches and a variation of the piano key border.

 It's just a quilt top so far. I'll get to quilting it before too long!

It's just a quilt top so far. I'll get to quilting it before too long!

This one went together fast. I think it was the generous 3" sashings that helped that to happen. Maybe it also helped that I had 5 or 6 of the 16 patch blocks already done - leftover from a previous project.

As soon as I can figure out how to put it up, this pattern will be available for a free download under the patterns tab.

Becky Petersen