Another beauty in Becky's series of upcycleds. She actually was given the name and created the pattern to go with the name.
Top finishes at 99.5” x 99.5”
- 16 shirt pockets from men’s and ladies’ shirts cut 8.5”x8.5” in autumn colors.
- ¼ yard of 20 different fabrics for outer 9 patches. (I made 2 out of each color—total 40 double 9 patches)
- About 3-4 yards of various light and dark shirtings for the checkerboards around the pockets – half light, half dark – I was using scraps and various pieces from leftover other projects—this measurements seems too high but it takes more than you’d think.
- 1 7/8 yards of white for cornerstones, white in double 9 patch border blocks, and narrow white border 1 5/8 yards of tan for sashing strips
- ½-5/8 yards for the binding (I use 2.5” scrappy strips from my bag of 2.5” strips if I can)